Thursday, September 16, 2010

Kawaii diapers. First review.

(for reference, AIO is All In One)

Well I got my order of 12 Kawaii on Tuesday. Now, it has only been a couple of days, but I really like these diapers. I have 4 Goodnight Heavy Wetter diapers with animal prints. I use both microfiber inserts and these worked wonderfully for both girls for night. I did have one very minor leak this morning with Veronica. That was only because right before she fell asleep she was sharing water with daddy and then had pooped before I took her out of the crib. The leak was on only one side and a very minor one. Anyway, it is a much trimmer system than what I had been using with a prefold and a Blueberry insert.

Oh and I can't go on without mentioning how incredibly soft these diapers are. The microfleece lining is amazing. If I stay on top of changes (I have a tendency to forget and let Veronica go too long) when I take the diaper off, her bum is dry! With prefolds she would be damp/wet when I would change her. The inserts do a great job holding the moisture.

I'm liking the Kawaii a little bit better than my BG 4.0. The real test will be to see how well they have held up in 6 months and then a year. I want to be able to use these on the new baby as well (I will have to get more though to make it last for both him and Veronica).

This afternoon I had her in the One Size Snap Closure AIO Diaper (Original Cross-Over Squared Tab Snap Version) with just one insert. She was in it for two hours and the insert was soaked. Very soaked. I was able to squeeze out some pee between two fingers when I pulled the insert out. So, for Veronica I cannot let her go longer than 1 1/2 hours between changes. Now I could if I put two inserts in the diaper, but this will effect the trimness of the diaper. With my BG 4.0 I have to use both inserts. I had to straight from the beginning with those.

So as of now, I have three diapers for three different situations. I use the Goodnight Heavy Wetter Diapers with two inserts for nighttime, One Size Snap Closure AIO Diaper (Round Tab Snap Version) for outings with two inserts, and the One Size Heavy Duty AIO aplix version with one insert at home as well as the Squared Tab Snap version.

I've been taking pictures of these as I change her through out the day. The one picture I'm really trying to get is from behind to show the trimness, but with a 14 month old, that is really hard to do. Once I'm satisfied with the pictures, I will have a blog that has all my pictures with these diapers. I have a few comparing them with the BG 4.0 as well. I'm really looking forward to sharing my experiences with these diapers as I use them.

No comments: