I love how foods taste during pregnancy. I think this has been the inspiration for my enjoyment of cooking in the last couple of years. With my last three pregnancies, foods that are saucy and full of seasoning really please my palate. But that's not to say that I haven't made some dishes that have tasted quite icky to me.
This morning I took my vitamins with a glass of Minute Maid original orange juice and it was the most delectible thing I have ever tasted in a long time. It was so sweet and full of wonderful orange flavor. I felt like I could have just stood there and drank right out of the carton for more. Another huge taste pleaser of mine is whole milk. Oh my, I crave a big glass of this every night. Oh, and not to mention that it really helps with the raging reflux I get at night too. I'm trying to not be so quick to reach for the Zantac and depend on medicine to solve all my pregnancy woes. I've taken enough pills/drugs with this pregnancy due to kidney stones, UTI, and bladder spasms that if I can avoid taking more pills daily to ease something like heartburn or reflux, that is what I will do. So I have found that a nice tall glass of ice cold whole milk really does the trick for the night. And then we just rinse and repeat the following night.
No comments:
Post a Comment