Sunday, April 25, 2010

Second review of Diaper Rite prefolds.

Well, I'm slowly starting to like them. My biggest hang up still is that I can not snappi or pin them around the girls. I think I would have to try out the GMD (Green Mountain Diapers) prefolds for this. I do like, however, the width size in the crotch. Nice and wide and fills the whole cover. So, the mediums I use on Mary and I simply trifold them in a Bummis Super Whisper wrap. I have a medium with this and the medium DR prefold fits perfectly in it. I believe what I have to adjust in my thinking is where the diapers sit on the girls. It is a comparison like low ride hip huggers vs pants that sit above the waist. I'm a pants above the waist kind of girl, so for me, these prefolds sit a little too low. However once I put them on where they cover perfectly, they actually don't look as bad as I think they do.





This picture above is Veronica in the prefold I had bought at MilkWorks. It is a Green Earth Textiles premium (note the size chart on site are the pre-washed sizes). It is held on by a snappi and as you can see, in my opinion, I think it covers her well. I like how it comes up to her bellybutton. I have it lined inside with a terry washcloth tri-folded.



Here she is sporting the awesome Blueberry Cover that I had bought from MilkWorks as well. I really like this cover on her because it is wide enough to cover her bum, and the front has snap closures instead of hook and loop (velcro) which she knows how to undo.



And here is Mary wearing the new medium Diaper Rite prefold in the Bummis Super Whisper wrap. As you can see, it is much lower than Veronica's prefold. I prefer to have it a bit further higher up towards her bellybutton. My reasoning is that I think having it up higher helps avoid leaks, but then I haven't had any leaks so far with it like this either.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Hi, Nicole!

It's Jeanie over from CW (Adam's mom). I found your blog in a post of yours at CW.

We have cloth diapered for almost 26 months now. We love them. We're working on potty-training so we're hoping to leave the cloth diapers behind soon but we've saved a boatload of money, and my little sister has the sizes Adam has outgrown for her 13-month-old.

Nice to pass them on. (Can't do that with disposables!)