Okay, to today the Lord's voice sounded totally like my mother's. Last night during my quiet time as I laid in bed, I was telling the Lord all the things I wanted to get done this week. I knew there is a lot scheduled for this week (especially Wednesday) and I had to get the house in working order. So I asked the Lord to help me get through the day on Monday so that I can feel prepared for everything else going on.
Fast forward to this morning. I was up and kids were getting ready for school. I drove Mary to preschool and dropped the big kids off at school. I get home and begin my normal morning routine of breakfast in one hand and fingers navigating facebook via my laptop while I sit in my rocking chair. About half way through my routine, my cell rings. It's mom. "Hm, okay," I thought. I knew she and dad were headed to Lincoln for appointments and shopping so I figured she was telling me that they were headed out. Then the words came, like a lightening bolt. "Um, the bug man called and said he will be at our house then coming to yours. He'll be there in an hour or two." "What!?! Mom! My house is trashed!!" I sat in disbelief. Really I did. They were not scheduled to come until Thursday. It is to be every 2nd Thursday! "That's okay," mom said, "He's told me stories of houses that are much worse than yours." Uh, thanks mom, that is to make me feel better? This is my house and I have a strange man coming into it and I can't possibly stand to be in the same place as him knowing what kind of mess he will be walking into.
I then inform my husband, who is happily reading his forums and what not causally sipping his coffee and I can see into his mind. He's sitting there chuckling at me; mocking me. Teasing me thinking, "Bet you wished you had done more work over the weekend huh?" Well, not really. I don't know what he was thinking, but my guilty conscience was telling me this. So thus I scramble to start cleaning up. Toys, done; dirty clothes, done. Then he says it, "Uh, aren't you going to pick up Mary?" HOLY SMOKES!!! I totally forgot about Mary at preschool!! I was so thrown off by mom's call that I forgot to go get my daughter! So again, I'm running to put my shoes and coat on and carefully, but quickly I head out in the snow covered streets to get Mary. As I'm about to walk out the door, my husband oh so sportively tells me, "Glad I'm not going to be home when the guy comes over." Uh, thanks dear. Glad you got my back.
As soon as I get back it is back to cleaning like a mad woman. The biggest feat was the office. Oi vey. I am so surprised I came out of there alive and nothing ate me. Who knows what kind of creature was lurking under all that mess. Now, believe it or not, I got it picked up, vacuumed, living room picked up and was starting to vacuum it when the bug man arrived. I couldn't just stop my cleaning spree with his arrival, so I finished vacuuming and proceeded to the kitchen. Again, another room with creatures and monsters lurking in corners and under pots and pans. So to keep the kids sane, I plop them in front of my laptop with a movie (oh yeah, sometime during my picking up the tv decides to stop working) and I tell myself I am going to get the kitchen done. I'll spare the gory details (and yes it was pretty gory) after almost seeing my breakfast for a second time, I managed to get it cleaned. The children are going to be so happy their chore list will be relatively easy.
It is now 1 pm and I have completed almost everything on my list of cleaning for the day. So I say thank you Lord, I heard you loud and clear. And it is uncanny how you sound just like my mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment